Grade IV: The Robin and The Blackbird

by - 3:52 AM


The weather was very cold but a robin was warm and comfortable in his nest up in a tree. Soon a blackbird trembling with cold flew near the nest. He placed his head inside the nest.
He said, “Friend Robin, may I put my head inside your nest? I will not feel cold if my head feels warm.”
“Certainly you may,” said the kind and friendly Robin.
Soon the blackbird said, “Friend Robin, may I put my two legs inside your nest? I will not feel so cold if my feet are warm.”
“Certainly you may,” said the kind and friendly Robin.
Then the blackbird had another request. “Friend Robin, may I put my wings inside your nest? I will not feel so cold if my wings are warm.”
“Certainly you may,” said the kind and friendly Robin.


But the nest was not a big one. It did not hold the two birds inside. The robin was pushed into a tiny corner of the nest when the blackbird stretched his wings.
“This is getting too far. Now he has the nest to himself.,” said the Robin not feeling friendly anymore.
When the Blackbird closed his eyes, the Robin gave him a push. The Blackbird lost his balance and fell out of the nest, down into the ground below.
“Friend Robin!” cried the Blackbird.
“I am not friendly anymore!” answered the Robin.

Answer the following questions:


1. Where did the story happen?

a. In a nest up in a tree.
b. In a nest in the middle of a field.
c. In a nest in a roof of a house.
d. In a nest inside a cave.

2. The story has __________.

a. one main animal character.
b. two main animal character.
c. an animal and people character.
d. two main people character.

3. Which character remained friendly up to the end of the story?

a. The Robin.
b. The Blackbird.
c. Both the Robin and the Blackbird.
d. Not one of them.

4. Who said, “Now he has the nest to himself.”?
a. The Robin.
b. The Blackbird.
C. Both the Robin and the Blackbird.
d. Not one of them.

5. Which event is the climax of the story?

a. The robin was warm and comfortable in his nest even if it was cold outside.
b. the blackbird asked permission to out his head in the nest.
c. the robin realized the blackbird has the nest to himself.
d. the robin pushed the blackbird out of the nest.

You May Also Like

0 comments